Our excursions are rated by intensity near the top of each page. Here are additional details of what to expect.
- Walking excursions cover some hilly parts of town and stretches a little over two miles. We take breaks to tell stories about specific areas, catch up as a group, and even a stop for the restrooms. Pretty similar to a day of golf without the cart. If you get out to walk fairly regularly this should be a wonderful stroll through our beautiful town. If you are booking in advance and haven’t been walking, but are interested in this tour, get out today. Test yourself, perhaps go walk around your hometown and try to learn something new.
- Painting excursions are very relaxed with only a short walk along the beach to our painting location. You will be able to sit or stand while painting so it can be taken at your own pace. However, it will help to have a little bit of arm and hand strength and endurance under your belt so that they won’t get tired while you paint allowing you to focus on your artwork.
- Hiking excursions cover some difficult terrain and go up around 1000 feet or more over the course of 2-3 miles (5-6 miles round trip). We cover good ground and take a few stops for food, drink, and interpretation. In order to make it to the end of the trail, we would suggest previous hiking experience. While sheer determination can get you places sometimes, we do expect guests to know their hiking abilities. If you maintain an exercise routine 3 days a week, get out hiking a couple days a month, or have a healthy appetite for a challenge and good attitude for reaching new heights, then you can manage this excursion.
- Running excursions cover some of the hardest trail running out there. We don’t necessarily move fast, after all you are here to enjoy the trail, but we keep a pace that would be hard to keep up with if you don’t run at least 2-3 days a week. If you only run on a treadmill and want a taste of the trail, we would highly suggest some foot and ankle strengthening exercises as much in advance of the tour as possible. It is a good idea to let us know what your pace is ahead of time so that we can meet your needs. Please mention your comfortable mileage pace at home in the booking page.
- Sailing tours are largely customized to your desires and are handled on a case by case basis. If you are learning to sail, or are new to boats, balance can be the most difficult part of sailing.